Friday, February 28, 2014

A Precious Miracle...Brother Out of ICU

Thank you Jesus for the miracle of John surviving another health crisis!

By Pamela Rae Schuffert presenting investigative journalism from a Biblical Christian perspective-

After several warnings from the doctor that my brother could possibly die from his physical conditions, another miracle has happened and John has survived this latest ordeal. He was just discharged from the hospital and placed in a nearby health and rehabilitation nursing home.

I thank God that none of the grim prognoses his doctor gave while in ICU ever came to pass: his left foot might have to be amputated, he may have a bowel blockage or tumor, etc. His foot condition improved (for now) and no tumor was found through MRI testing.

When I visited John, he was able to understand and communicate with me, and was so happy to see me. When I told him he had to get better so I could bring him his favorite ice cream, his face lit up and he said "yes!" 

But just as the doctor admitted, even if John did survive this ICU crisis, he would be deteriorated in his condition after recovery. And this is what I found while visiting him. He has grown progressively weaker, including with his hands that he needs to feed himself, and remains bedridden 24/7.

It is often so sad to have to watch as a loved one slowly succumbs to illness or old age. But John and I both have the consolation that there IS a glorious eternity ahead for him, and that his sins are forgiven and his name is written in the Lamb's Book of Life. Oh, what joy and peace this brings to both of us.

Thank you ALL for your wonderful prayers for John at this time. And thank you for your prayers for me as well. God has a purpose and a plan in the midst of suffering, trials and testings, and both John and I praise God in the midst of all this. As the Bible says, "In all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us." And we are.

John knows that I love him and I care, and appreciates my visiting him. However, he believes in my work and ministry, and wants me to feel free to continue on with this important work and trusting God for his situation. Thankfully, I can both visit John, and press on with my Christian outreach and reporting.

And so, my work and ministry continues on unabated. 

Thank you, precious readers from across the globe...your prayers made the difference once again! May God bless you all. John says "hello" and a big "thank you" to you all as well!


-Pamela Rae Schuffert and Brother John

No comments:

Post a Comment